1. Introduction. Timberland PRO $10,000 Sweepstakes/Grand Prize Drawing ("Sweepstakes") is sponsored by HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075 U.S.A. (the “Sponsor”) and is being administered by Equation Research, LLC, 453 E. Wonderview Avenue, #250, Estes Park, CO 80517 U.S.A. (the “Administrator”). Sweepstakes is offered in conjunction with multiple companies ("Promoters") through different Web sites ("Creative Presentations"), announcing many different prizes. The Promoter for this particular Creative Presentation is The Timberland Company, 200 Domain Drive, Stratham, NH 03885 U.S.A. One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all entries received across all Creative Presentations. The prize for which an entrant is eligible depends on the Creative Presentation through which the entrant entered the Sweepstakes. All applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Timing. The Sweepstakes begins on July 1, 2016 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on September 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. ET ("Promotion Period"). Various Creative Presentations may be added throughout the Promotion Period. Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
3. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding Quebec), eighteen (18) years of age or older. Void in Quebec and outside the fifty (50) United States and D.C. and Canada and where prohibited. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, Administrator and Promoter, their respective parents, subsidiaries, and agents, as well as the immediate family (defined as spouse, children, parents, siblings and grandparents) and household members of each such employee, officer and director are not eligible. By participating, entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
a.) Timberland Shoe Purchase Method: During the Promotion Period, purchase a pair of Timberland shoes containing a promotional insert. Follow the instructions included on the promotional insert to visit www.dayinmyshoes.com (a "Promotion URL"). Once at a Promotion URL, follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the survey and registration form. Upon submission of the registration form, you automatically will receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry. If on the registration form you indicate that you would like to take a subsequent follow-up survey, you will receive an email invitation to complete the follow-up survey approximately one (1) month following your completion of the initial survey. Should you complete the follow-up survey within the Promotion Period, you will automatically receive one (1) additional Sweepstakes entry.
b.) Mail-in Alternate Method: To enter without purchasing a pair of Timberland shoes and completing an online survey, hand print your name, address, day and evening phone numbers, email address (if any), age and "Timberland PRO $10,000 Sweepstakes” on a 3" x 5" piece of paper and mail it in an envelope with proper postage to "Timberland PRO $10,000 Sweepstakes, Q3 2016,” c/o Equation Research, LLC, P.O. Box 351980, Westminster, CO 80035 U.S.A. You will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit: One (1) entry per envelope. All mail-in entries must be handwritten, postmarked by September 30, 2016 and received by October 7, 2016. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and Promoter, and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Promoter. Sponsor, Administrator and Promoter are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, misdirected or postage-due entries, which will be disqualified.
5. Selection of Potential Winner. Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Promoter's Creative Presentation from among all Creative Presentations and Sponsor will then select one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner from among all eligible entries received through the selected Creative Presentation, on or about October 31, 2016. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential winner will be notified by email and/or mail within ten (10) days of the drawing. Except where prohibited, potential winner must complete, electronically sign, and submit a Declaration of Compliance, Liability & Publicity Release ("Declaration") within seven (7) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. If a Canadian resident, the potential winner will be required to correctly answer a time-limited, skill-testing question without any assistance in order to be eligible to receive the prize. If a winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her home state or province, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to submit the Declaration within the required time period, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question (if applicable), or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In that event, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place at random from among all eligible entries received for the selected Creative Presentation. Only three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which the prize will remain un-awarded. Prize will be fulfilled 8 - 10 weeks after winner verification.
6. Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The prize for which an entrant is eligible depends on the Creative Presentation through which he/she entered. Accordingly, the Grand Prize for a winner who entered through this Creative Presentation will be: $10,000 USD. Prize is non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s and Promoter’s sole discretion. Sponsor and Promoter reserve the right to substitute the prize with another prize of greater or equal value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable fees and taxes associated with prize receipt and use. The odds of this Creative Presentation being selected depend on the total number of Creative Presentations. If this Creative Presentation is selected, the odds of winning depend on the number of entries received through this Creative Presentation.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor’s, Administrator's and Promoter's use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions, hometown and state (or province) for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
8. General Conditions. Sponsor, Administrator, and Promoter reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor, Administrator and Promoter reserve the right to award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. Sponsor, Administrator and Promoter reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage Sponsor's or any Promoter's Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor and Promoter reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's and Promoter’s Administrator’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. Release. By receipt of any prize, winner agrees that Sponsor, Administrator, Promoters, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, and the agents, employees, directors and officers of these companies (the “Released Parties”), are not liable whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or from winner's participation in the Sweepstakes.
10. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network, hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes, receipt or use or misuse of any prize, or from downloading any material from Sponsor's or Administrator's Web site(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor, Administrator or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor's or Administrator's Web site by a hypertext link. If, for any reason, an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, if it is possible. If the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor, Promoters and Administrator reserve the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, U.S.A. (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant, Sponsor, Administrator and Promoter in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan U.S.A.